Found online. Two dozen eggs, a few lbs grass fed beef, package of bacon, 4 bags of veggies
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Eric
« on: October 24, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
yield 2 servings
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tb. maple syrup (I tried also with non-Paleo sugar free syrup and it worked also)
2 Tb. melted butter or coconut oil (I tried with applesauce successfully also)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 Tb. of coconut flour (or for non-Paleo version: 3-4 Tb. whole wheat flour)
butter for the pan
1. Heat your large skillet to medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, butter and vanilla.
3. Once that is mixed really well, scatter the dry stuff on top: baking soda, cinnamon, salt and optional (but highly recommended) flour.
4. Whisk that all up until just combined.
5. Grease your skillet with a little butter. Ladle the pancake batter and cook on one side for about 2 minutes. It will be a golden orange-brown once cooked.
6. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side. Serve with sliced bananas, syrup or eat plain.
FYI, I always enjoyed Robb's take on this, and it's a hot Saturday in the summer, so enjoy!
The NorCal Margarita
2–3 shots of 100% agave tequila.
Juice and pulp from one lime.
Shake it all up with some ice.
Add soda water to taste.
This drink is wonderful, for a few reasons:
Tequila is fermented agave juice, which makes it gluten- or and starch-free.
Lime juice blunts the insulin response of the alcohol, maintaining your precious and hard-earned insulin sensitivity.
The lime juice also provides a net alkaline load when it gets to the blood stream, which is a good thing. Most other foods provide a net acid load, and it’s nice to balance that out.
The carbon dioxide bubbles in the soda water help get the ethanol into your blood more quickly. This has the practical effect of allowing you to drink a bit less for the same effect.
« on: April 16, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
Panera's new hidden menu. Some decent options!
They may add them to milk with NO warning!
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »