Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
yield 2 servings
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tb. maple syrup (I tried also with non-Paleo sugar free syrup and it worked also)
2 Tb. melted butter or coconut oil (I tried with applesauce successfully also)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 Tb. of coconut flour (or for non-Paleo version: 3-4 Tb. whole wheat flour)
butter for the pan
1. Heat your large skillet to medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, butter and vanilla.
3. Once that is mixed really well, scatter the dry stuff on top: baking soda, cinnamon, salt and optional (but highly recommended) flour.
4. Whisk that all up until just combined.
5. Grease your skillet with a little butter. Ladle the pancake batter and cook on one side for about 2 minutes. It will be a golden orange-brown once cooked.
6. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side. Serve with sliced bananas, syrup or eat plain.